This week we learnt about Dada art movement. The people in this movement stood for:
- Complete opposite of fascism
- Disgusted by the first World war
- Used nonsense in art and performance to draw attention to the nonsense of society
- Were anti-war, anti- machine and anti-art
- Used collage and proto- surreal techniques to question meaning.
After we learnt about Dada our task was to create our own Dada poem. To do this we cut out words from a newspaper, put them in a bag and randomly picked them out to make our poem; here is my poem.