I printed my final versions of my cover and spread on an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. I purchased A3 Lustre paper to use for my final prints as I felt this would give a professional looking quality to my designs and especially for portfolio pieces.
I made sure all high quality print settings were selected before printing so I got the best out of the printer. I was also relieved that I designed all of my work with a 3mm bleed and with crop marks, as a lot of my peers were having trouble cutting out their work leaving behind small white lines of paper, whereas the bleed eliminates this.
Below is my finished high quality prints mocked up into a Creative Review magazine. After these photos were taken I them mounted each spread and cover to black card ready to be handed in inside my portfolio.
This lighting wasn’t great outside the print room, however you can see how it works as a front cover and spread effectively as pieces of visual communication for my subculture.